1. Pediatric Surgery 2. Pediatric Urology
- MBBS (Gold Medalist)- MAMC, New Delhi
- DNB, MNAMS- National Board of Examinations- New Delhi
- M.Ch in Ped. Surgery (Gold Medalist)- AIIMS, New Delhi
- International Scholarship in Pediatric Urology – Nationwide Children’s Hospital, Ohio State University, USA.
- Gold Medal in MBBS
- Gold Medal in M.Ch. Pediatric Surgery at AIIMS
- Best Urology Research work award by Indian Association of Pediatric Surgeons.
- Visiting Professor in Pediatric Urology at University of Minnesota, Minneapolis, USA.
- Pediatric Urology – Endourology, Laparoscopic urology, Reconstructive urology, Antenatally diagnosed kidney diseases.
- Hypospadias and intersex reconstruction.
- Pediatric Minimally invasive surgery- Bronchoscopy, Laparoscopy, Thoracoscopy
- Recently received training in Robotic Surgery
Publications and papers
- More than 30 international publications in leading journals
- Faculty at various International and National forums- more than 50 presentations and lectures in Pediatric Urology and Pediatric Surgery.
- Conducted Grand rounds at Division of Pediatric Urology, Harvard Medical School-May 2008.
- Appeared in various News Papers for rare cases, special comments and community education related activities
International Live Operative Workshop on Pediatric Urology- Jan 2008 at MGM, Vashi
ILOWPU was a resounding success due to an excellent teamwork. This was one of the biggest Pediatric Urology workshops in India and the first live operative workshop in Navi Mumbai. 110 delegates and speakers participated in 2 days of intense scientific deliberations. Over a period of two days international and national experts joined hands to operate on kids with pediatric urological disorders and also discuss the latest advances in the upcoming field of Pediatric Urology. All the surgeries were performed in MGM Hospital, Vashi and transmitted live to auditorium at Navi Mumbai Sports Association. Two way live interaction was arranged between the auditorium the operation theatre.
The highlights of the workshop were:
- 6 hypospadias repairs for various type of hypospadias and all were single stage repairs. Even 7 month old child with severest form of hypospadias (scrotal) was operated in a single stage.
- 10 yr old boy with epispadias was operated.
- Two approaches of minimally invasive pyeloplasty were demonstrated- Laparoscopic pyeloplasty and retroperitoneoscopic pyeloplasty.
- Bilateral Laparoscopic Orchiopexy was performed in a one year old child.
- Lecture of Robotic Surgery in Pediatric Urology by Dr Aseem Shukla, Pediatric Urologist from University of Minnesota.
- Lecture on Vesico-ureteral reflux by Dr V.R.Jayanthi, Pediatric Urologist from OhioStateUniversity.
- Lecture on Pyeloplasty by Dr D.K.Gupta, head of Deptt. Of Pediatric Surgery, AIIMS, New Delhi.
- Panel discussion on interesting cases by national and international faculty.
Organising Committee member and Faculty at PEDGASTRO 2008 at Navi mumba
Email : email@example.com, firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Bajpai M, Kumar A, Gupta AK, Pawar DK. Lumbotomy approach for upper urological tract surgery in children--an analysis of 68 consecutive lumbotomies. Eur J Pediatr Surg. 2004 Jun; 14(3):163-7.
- Bajpai M, Kumar A, Tripathi M, Bal CS. Dorsal lumbotomy incision in paediatric pyeloplasty. ANZ J Surg. 2004 Jun; 74(6):491-4.
- Singal AK, Bajpai M, Dinda A. Blockade of Renin Angiotensin system blunts fibrosis in experimental renal scarring in rats. J Indian Assoc Pediatr Surg 2005; 10: 20-24.
- Singal AK, Bajpai M. Double Urethral Obstruction In A Neonate. Eur J Pediatr Surg 2005; 15 (6): 449-51.
- Singal AK, Agarwala S, Mitra DK, Bhatnagar V. Urethral duplication in association with anorectal malformation. Eur J Pediatr Surg2006; 16: 214-216.
- Singal AK, Canon SJ, Koff SA, Jayanthi VR. Success does not equal cure of vesicoureteral reflux managed by injection therapy - what factors may lead to failure or recurrence. Submitted in Journal of Pediatric Urology.
- Ravikumar VR, Singal AK. Undescended testis in spigelian hernia. Accepted in Pediatr Surg Int.
- Maini A, Patel C, Agarwala S, Kumar A, Dasan B. Pediatric Duodenal Perforation Demonstrated By Hepatobiliary Imaging. Clin Nucl Med 2000; 25: 41-43.
- Singal AK, Bhatnagar V. Esophageal Rupture Secondary to Blunt Trauma In A Child. Trop Gastroenterol 2004; 25: 42-43.
- Singal AK, Bhatnagar V, Mitra DK, Gupta AK. Esophageal Duplication Cyst Causing Neonatal Hemoptysis. Trop Gastroenterol 2004; 25: 99-100.
- Singal AK, Agarwala S, SAS Rifat Mannan, Gupta AK, Bhan MK, Mitra DK. Diffuse intra-abdominal fibromatosis –Report of a new entity with review of literature. Trop Gastroenterol 2004; 25: 28-31.
- Singal AK, Bal CS, Srinivas M, Bhatnagar V. Bleeding ileal duplication diagnosed by pertechnetate scan. Ind J Gastroenterol. 2004; 23: 196.
- Hari S, Sharma R, Gupta AK, Das C, Singal AK. Magnetic resonance imaging of parapagus twins, Eur J Radiol Extra 2004; 51: 25-29.
- Singal AK, Agarwala S, Seth T, Gupta AK, Mitra DK. Intralobar sequestration presenting as an antenatally diagnosed suprarenal mass. Ind J Pediatr 2004; 71(12): 1137-1139.
- Singal AK, Jindal B, Bhatnagar V. Penetrating diaphragmatic injury caused by a pencil. J Indian Assoc Pediatr Surg 2005; 10(2): 112-113.
- Singal AK, Agarwala S. Tumour markers in Pediatric Solid Tumours. J Indian Assoc Pediatr Surg 2005; 10 (3):183-190.
- Kumar R, Tripathi M, Chandrashekar N, Agarwala S, Kumar A, Dasan JB, Malhotra A. Diagnosis of ectopic gastric mucosa using 99Tcm-pertechnetate: spectrum of scintigraphic findings. Br J Radiol. 2005 Aug; 78(932):714-20.
- Singal AK, Bhatnagar V. Colostomy prolapse and hernia following window colostomy in congenital pouch colon. Pediatr Surg Int 2006 May; 22(5):459-61. Epub 2006 Mar 8.
- Singal AK, Ravi Kumar VR, Rao M, Matthai J. Bilateral Communicating bronchopulmonary foregut malformations in a child. Annals of Thoracic Surgery 2006 Jul; 82(1):330-2.
- Singal AK, Vignesh KG, Matthai J. Acute Gastric Volvulus Secondary to Eventration of the Diaphragm In A Child. J Indian Assoc Pediatr Surg 2006 Jan-Mar 11: 44-46.
- Singal AK, Srinivas M, Bhatnagar V. Diaphragmatic Eventration in association with bronchopulmonary foregut malformation. J Pediatr Surg 2006 Jul; 41(7):1329-31.
- Jothilakshmi , John Matthai Sarah Paul , A.K . Singal. Symptomatic hepatic haemangioendothelioma in a newborn. Indian Pediatr 2006; 43: 908-10.
- Gupta DK, Singal AK, Gupta AK. Parapagus Conjoined Twins – Complicated Anatomy Precludes Separation. J Indian Assoc Pediatr Surg 2006; 11 (3): 145-147.
- Singal AK, Ramu C, Paul S, Matthai J. Preduodenal Portal Vein In Association With Midgut Malrotation And Duodenal Web – Triple Anomaly?. Accepted in Journal of Pediatric Surgery.
- Singal AK, Balamourougane P, Bhatnagar V. Primary closure of thoraco-abdominal ectopia cordis. J Ind Assoc Pediatr Surg 2006; 4 (11): 250-252.
- Singal AK, Ramu C, Thinakar Vel M, Ravi Kumar VR. Atypical Superior Mesenteric Artery Syndrome in a Child with Marfan’s Syndrome. Submitted to Pediatr Surg int
- “Pediatric Urology- An Indian Scenario”- May 2008, At Urology Grand Rounds, Harvard Medical School and Boston Children’s Hospital, Boston, USA.
- 20th International Congress of Asian Association of Pediatric Surgeons held at New Delhi, 12-15 Nov, 2006.
- Factors influencing outcome of Injection therapy for Vesico-ureteric reflux
- Vesicoscopic Ureteric re-implantation- Minimally Invasive surgery fro VUR.
- Columbus Children’s Hospital, Ohio, USA on 23 Dec, 2005.
- Health System- An Indian Perspective”- lecture for the faculty and students.
- 51st Annual Congress of the British Association of Paediatric Surgeons, July 2004 at Oxford, England.
- The Impact Of Blockade Of Renin-Angiotensin System In Experimental Renal Scarring In Rats – presented in Peter Paul Rickham Memorial prize session.
- Portosystemic Shunting In Children With Extrahepatic Portal Venous Obstruction.
- 2nd International Society of Paediatric Oncology -ASIA conference and 6th National Conference of Paediatric Hematology-Oncology and Parents meeting, held at New Delhi, India, Nov 2002.
- Pediatric Rhabdomyosarcoma - Initial Results of Pulse–VAC Therapy.
- Clear cell sarcomas of the kidney in children
- Malignant germ cell tumours in children
Received the BEST POSTER award at the conference.
- ‘PEDICON-2007’- 44th National Conference of Indian Academy of Pediatrics held at Mumbai.
- The impact of blockade of Renin Angiotensin System in experimental pyelonephritis in rats.
- Factors influencing outcome of Vesicoureteral reflux measured by Endoscopic injection therapy
- 30th Annual Conference of the Indian Association of Paediatric Surgeons at Jabalpur, India, October 2004
- Blockade Of Rennin-Angiotensin System Blunts The Fibrotic Response In Experimental Acute Pyelonephritis.
- Primary Repair of Bladder Exstrophy Without Pelvic Osteotomy -Results in 86 Consecutive Patients
- Results of treatment of Pediatric Rhabdomyosarcoma with high dose cyclophosphamide based regime and bone marrow rescue with GCSF
- Colostomy prolapse and hernia following window colostomy in congenital pouch colon.
- Primary closure in thoraco-abdominal ectopia cordis
- Comparative evaluation of imaging techniques in infantile cholestasis
- 29th Annual Conference of Indian Association Of Paediatric Surgeons at Hyderabad, India, November, 2003
- Unusual Cause Of Urinary Retention In An Infant
- Diffuse Intra-Abdominal Fibromatosis –A New Entity?
- Esophageal Tear Secondary To Blunt Trauma In A Child
- Issues In The Management Of Unusual Parapagus Conjoined Twins
- Penetrating Diaphragmatic Injury Due To Pencil Impalement
- 28th Annual Conference of Indian Association Of Paediatric Surgeons (IAPS) at Ahmedabad, India. October 2002
- Role Of Doppler Ultrasonography In Evaluation Of Pelviureteric Junction Obstruction
- The Role of DMSA Scan in Evaluation Of Urinary Tract Infection.
- Urethral Duplication In Association With Anorectal Malformation
- The Use Of Free Rib Grafts In Reconstructive Surgery For Chest Wall Defects.
- Gentian Violet Impregnated Silastic CSF Shunts Reduce The Incidence Of Shunt Infections.
- Functional Reconstruction Of The Ankylosed Temporomandibular Joint
- Assessment of Pulmonary Function In Patients With Congenital Diaphragmatic Hernia.
- Esophageal Duplication Cyst Presenting With Hemoptysis- A Diagnostic Dilemma.
- At All India Institute of Medical Sciences
- Clinical Combined round – Diffuse intra-abdominal fibromatosis, May 2003
- Clinical Combined round – Unusual cause of neonatal hemoptysis, Sep 2003
- Clinical Combined round – Relapsed Wilms’ tumour, Jan 2004
- At PSG Institute of Medical Sciences and Research
- Clinical Meeting – Bilateral Communicating Sequestrations in a child, March 2005.
- Clinical Meeting – Neonatal Ovarian Cyst – Laparoscopic Management, July 2005.
- Clinical Meeting- Acute gastric Volvulus in a child – August 2005.
- Clinical Meeting – Preduodenal Portal vein in association with duodenal web and malrotation – August 2005.
- Clinical meeting- Acute gastric volvulus secondary to diaphragmatic eventration in a child - August 2005
- Recent Advances in Pediatric Surgery – Guest Speaker at Scientific Symposium Organised by Nestle Foundation at Tiruppur, Tamilnadu, June 2005.
- CME on Pediatric Urology under aegis of Navi Mumbai Surgical Society and IAP Navi Mumbai Branch on August 2, 2006. The program was as under:
- Introduction of the concept of Pediatric Urology as a separate specialty and an Update on management of Pediatric Urological Disorders along with Antenatally Diagnosed Hydronephrosis – Dr A.K.Singal.
- Dr V.R.Jayanthi Pediatric Urologist from Ohio State University, USA delivered two lectures- on Pediatric Urinary Tract infections and VUR and second one about Laparoscopy in Pediatric Urology.
- Dr V.V.S.S.Chandrasekharam, Pediatric Urologist from Hyderabad delivered a lecture about Hypospadias case selection and single stage Hypospadias repairs.
The meeting was attended by over 100 delegates and the audience consisted of Pediatricians, General Surgeons, Urologists and Pediatric Surgeons mainly from Navi Mumbai but some also from Mumbai. It was well covered and reported in DNA Navi Mumbai newpaper.
- Organised a Pediatric Nephrology-Urology unit at Vashi under Kidney Speciality Group and MGM’s New Bombay Hospital, Vashi.
- Part of the organizing team in following conferences at AIIMS
- International Workshop on Hypospadias and Intersex in Jan 1999.
- Live Workshop on Neurogenic Bladder and 1st Conference of Hypospadias and Intersex disorders, Sep 1-3,2001.
- 3rd World Congress on Pediatric Esophagus Feb 2002.
- International Workshop-Cum-Symposium on Pediatric Urology & Asian society for Paediatric Urology and Indian Society for Pediatric Urology Jan 29-30, 2003.
- International Live Workshop-cum-Symposium on Pediatric Urology & Asian society for Pediatric Urology and Indian Society for Pediatric Urology, Nov 2004